Wednesday, March 03, 2004

Tanya

Yesterday got drunk with Tanya, who is my old and dear friend from Boston but nowadays lives in Moscow. Hadn't seen each other for a couple of years.

We made sushi and drank sparkling wine and remembered old times. With some friends it's awkward a bit at first when you see them after a long time, but we were as usual, except for having more news to catch up on, but not a really awful lot because we talk on the phone every once in a while.

Tanya has a lot of lovely stories, too bad they are mostly unprintable.

I met her when she was 17 and I almost 19. She was my relative Lena's schoolmate and Lena had talked to both of us about introducing us for a while. Tanya was described to me as a person who speaks very good French and reads French literature, which was true. I was described to Tanya as a very tall woman with huge tits who fucks everybody and knows math perfectly, which was not true at all except for the breast size. Tanya could not figure out why Lena wants to introduce her to a very tall math-loving slut, but Lena did anyway. I liked Tanya from the first sight, which rarely happens (I tend to form opinions about new people slowly) and invited her to my birthday party, which was a few day later. She did not come because she was sure I didn't really mean it. She came to a party in the place where all the parties always were held at the time 4 weeks later though, and after that we started hanging out together.


No comments: