Thursday, March 25, 2004

Krav Maga

Today for some reason there were only two people in class (usually the morning class is 10-15 people). It was nice: intimate atmosphere and a lot of personal attention of the "not like that! not like that! like this!" kind. The other guy was way better than me, on the third level and all. We were practicing all manners of knife attacks: blocking, grabbing the knife hand and kicking the opponent in the balls. I find it scary to kick a guy in the balls if I don't perceive him as a genuine attacker ever since I kicked Stuart in the balls by accident at a party 12 years ago, and then had to apologize profusely all the time and bring him ice for the rest of the evening. (We were sparring drunk and without protection. Very smart.) But now I am learning that if they have a ball protector I can and should kick them in a way that actually brings my foot in contact with their balls, though not hard.

Want more morning classes. Why don't they have them every day?


No comments: