Monday, March 29, 2004

Bloody period

Pun intended, of course.

Having my period, and therefore am sore and unsure whether to go to Krav Maga tonight. Oh well, ibuprofen is our friend.

At some point yesterday I realized that if heredity is something to go by I still have about 250 periods to go through. Which is sort of nice in the sense of still being fairly young, but a bloody inconvenience in the very literal sense of word.

OTOH I can already imagine how paranoid I will become when the periods will stop, and how scared of a possible pregnancy. Not to mention that at some point before the periods will stop the doctors will probably refuse to prescribe brth control pills, which will mean irregular and very bloody periods. Oh joy.

I am really afraid of getting pregnant and not noticing it for the first 3 months, after which I wouldn't be able to get an abortion in Finland (or it would be very difficult) and would have to arrange an abortion in the US on a rather short notice. After the first 6 months I think you can only get a legal abortion in China, which would make arrangements even more difficult, but I think 6 months is hard to miss.

And no, giving birth is absolutely not an option.

Well, I guess today I should celebrate the fact that once again I am not pregnant. Except that I am sore and bleeding and need ibuprofen.


No comments: