Sunday, March 14, 2004

Barf!

Just saw Intermission, and wish to hell I hadn't. I mean, it's a prefectly OK comedy, with adequate plot, dialogue, characters and acting, but the camera moves in handheld or handheld-like jerky movements that tend to make me feel like throwing up. Almost as bad as in Breaking the Waves, Dancer in the Dark and Blair Witch Project. Breaking the Waves and Blair Witch Project actually did make me throw up, although in the former case it was helped by eating the fish that my then-boyfriend Teemu had forgotten to put in the fridge for 3 days. Anyways I generally don't expect such emetic force in a movie unless made by Lars von Fucking Trier, so was totally taken by surprise here. If you are sensitive to that kind of thing don't go to see it.

Yeah, and if I want to hear pistol shots at a realistic volume, which I definitely don't, I'll take off my earplugs at the shooting range while everyone else is shooting. I don't want to hear realistic shots in a movie.

No comments: