Thursday, April 29, 2004

Work stress

Was working too much this week (have some bugs to fix by a deadline that is coming up soon) and am now fairly stressed out, especially since Vappu is coming up so cannot really even work all weekend, or don't want to anyway. Maybe will work on Sunday.

Sex is a great stress reliever, but there was not nearly enough of it. All Killeri's fault, he went home fairly early because Jero was waiting for him there with his paws crossed. The evil man cowardly ran away instead of performing his boyfriendly duties until I am not stressed anymore. OTOH, we all know that if poor Jero lays a steaming log on Killeri's floor I will be here pretending to be sweet and innocent and Killeri will be there and will have to take care of the shit. Besides, I don't think there is any man in the universe who can fuck enough times in a row to completely counter the horrors of debugging software that contains JFreeChart. In fact, I am not sure even a woman (myself included) can have sex that many times in a row.

Hmm, Maimonides has written instructions on how often men of different professions have to satisfy their wives. I wonder in which category he would have put software engineers if such existed at the time, and whether men who volunteeer for Red Cross would get the same kind of waiver as the ones who devote their time to the study of Torah.

A drink would probably do me good, but between the drinking on Tuesday and Vappu I don't really feel like it.

I really should be working now, but don't feel like it either.


No comments: