Thursday, April 15, 2004

Still sick, now worse

Feel like I have a fever and a hangover, though neither is in fact the case. The throat is burning in a way that seems to suggest an unusually high amount of birch pollen in the air. Feel light-headed and somewhat dizzy, too, but not sure whether that comes from an overuse of pseudoephedrine or electrolyte imbalance from drinking tea all the time. Probably the latter. I think I am on my 6th cup today, and those are 0.5 liter-cups.

Can't even take a sick day since promised a customer a new version of their software today. And can't write it from home unless I want to drag the whole testing setup there. Oh well, probably will take a sick day tomorrow. What's worse, the workplace is running out of tea and I have drunk it all, which makes me feel like a bad employee who'll drink the company into bankrupcy, except that the pointy-haired boss shows no sign of proper concern and running to the store to get more tea.

Getting some rum would work too, but if I drink rum toddy at the rate I am drinking tea now it will become hard to write code for purely mechanical reasons. Alcohol does not seem to impair much the part of my brain that is used to write code, but at some point typing tends to become difficult as cannot hit the right keys on the keyboard.

Yesterday was a Praedor session but I was in no condition to concentrate properly. It seems that the only social activity I am capable of in such a condition is hanging out with a friend or two, which is nice because two friends are coming over tonight.

I think I should get a big box of Kestine ASAP.

On top of all that I really miss Killeri. He is having a long stretch of various meetings and dog activities. I see him in IRC every day, of course, but that does not quite substitute for sex, kissing or touching. I miss the times when we worked together and I could pinch him on the ass every day even when we did not have time to see each other at night. Right now arranging for daily ass-pinching would be somewhat difficult.


No comments: