Friday, April 23, 2004

In the news

Police found more than 200 kg of explosives in Espoo near Vermo hippodrome. No idea yet as to who brought them there and why. Killeri goes there from time to time, and apparently that triggered in me the kind of protective rage that made me feel like disemboweling the guilty party/parties with my bare hands and strangling them slowly with their own bowels. (No, they don't teach us that in Krav Maga. I'd need at least a sharp implement to open their stomachs, and I am not sure whether it's possible to rip people's bowels out with one's bare hands either, but I can give it a good try, and bowels are probably long enough that you can strangle their owner with them without having to detach them... Hmm, maybe I'll leave the punishment to authorities just this time?)

A horrible train explosion in North Korea: so far 54 dead, about 1200 injured, 2000 homes destroyed and 6000 damaged. Apparently a train was carrying mining explosives, but no details are available yet. North Korea usually keeps its disasters secret, and probably would have now, too, except that it happened so close to Chinese border that you could possibly see it from China. China has offered to take the injured into Chinese hospitals, but North Korea proudly refused, which is, again, very familiar to me in an extremely antinostalgic way. Fucking commies.

No comments: