Sunday, April 04, 2004

Grrr (don't my titles sound all the same lately?)

I am having a sudden attack of feelings. That's what "grrr" is all about.

People who don't know me well often think that I don't like to talk about feelings, but that is not the case at all. I like talking about feelings and analyzing them well enough, I just don't usually have any particularly interesting feelings to talk about. Tonight, however, I got a lot of feelings and no desire to talk about them here (I talked to Killeri today and I'll talk to Anu over a bottle of wine). The whine does not concern as much the feelings themselves as my way of dealing with them.

It's been 11 years since the last feeling attack of a similar kind and intensity, and I had totally forgotten the amount of mildly destructive things that I do to distract myself. Before I could realize what I was doing I was washing all the dirty dishes I could find and trying to defrost the fridge, which in its current condition is a kamikadze mission. Not that it's a bad thing in itself, I needed to wash the dishes anyway as have a game at my place tomorrow, and the fridge has been needing defrosting for at least 2 months now. But doing both of the above while distraught is not a good idea, and now I am having foam coming out of my ears in an unfortunately literal way. There is also foam in many other places where it is not supposed to be. That's ok, foam is warm and easy to wash off, but soon there will be pieces of ice lying all over the kitchen. There are frozen shrimps hanging outside of my window and decorating the building. And by the time the damn thing will finally get defrosted it will probably be morning, too.

People, don't get an attack of feelings when your fridge is in need of defrosting. If I had the sense to defrost the fridge 2 months ago when it needed defrosting, and defrost it again yesterday when it needed defrosting again, I would be doing something useful and inoffensive like downloading new codecs now. Instead of that I am fighting the fridge.

Killeri has narrowly escaped being conscripted to help with the defrosting and is probably giggling at home while reading this. But just you wait, I'll be at his place on Friday and can threaten his fridge, so that he drags me upstairs and performs his boyfriendly duties with me at least 4 times in a row in order to save himself from the imminent fridge defrosting. Wonder if we can have sex so loudly that it'd scare the cat (never had sex in Zenya's presence and don't know how she reacts to it). Don't care for Zenya joining in, she has huge claws and meows very loudly, besides we'd probably be arrested on charges of cruely to animals, rather than Zenya on charges of cruelty to humans.

The fridge is growling threateningly and somewhere huge pieces of ice are falling. Oy vey. Hope it's not my frozen shrimps falling on the neighbors, they might not appreciate.

On the lighter note: Lasu got a really silly-looking new haircut. Gonna scare all the customers to death.

No comments: