Sunday, February 15, 2004

Weekend

On Friday after work I was lured to the Dark Side and went to Akateeminen's book sale. Bought National Geographic Expeditions Atlas, Turning the Tide of War by Tim Newmark (a description of 50 more or less important battles) and FishWorks Seafood Cafe Cookbook by Mitchell Tonks. Also ogled a dessert recipe book by Pierre Herme but then after reading a few recipes figured that Mr Herme had a lot more free times on his hand than I do, and probably was getting paid for making desserts, which I don't.

In all the excitement forgot to buy any fish to test the cookbook. Anyway first have to find out what the fuck are alll those fishes in Finnish.

Ran into Janka and from a glazed dark-sidey look on her face figured she was going to the same book sale, but didn't ask if she really was.

Saturday was nice. Went to Anu's place and we drank some wine and made and ate sushi. We both had a flu, hope it's the same virus or else we are gonna have two flues apiece very soon. Anu's cats said "meow" and wanted some sushi too, but only got some inedible (in our opinion) piece of fish.

Anu noticed my red highlights. What's even more amazing, a person who cannot possibly be reading this blog has also noticed my highlights yesterday. Wow, the smelly hair dye really works!

Had a lot of plans for today, like going to the movies, reading three books, watching Firefly, trying to make little dim sum thingies with shrimp, learning Cantonese and Japanese and further enlightening myself in Lisp, but at some point realized that the day was finite, and settled for Firefly, a book and dim sum thingies. Was reasonably satisfied with all three.

Solmukohta is starting, which is bad for my sex life, because certain people are too busy with the event, and I suspect that any man with whom I might have conceivably strayed from the narrow path of monogamy will probably be in Solmukohta too.

(If anyone who does not know me is reading this and is wondering: yes, of course I have an open relationship, otherwise wouldn't be writing about possible screwing around in a public blog. I might be somewhat crazy, but that crazy I ain't.)


No comments: