Friday, February 20, 2004

Stupid doctors

A lot of women I know have complained about gynecologists not believing they take birth control seriously enough, and about being treated as it they cannot be trusted to use birth control properly.

Don't worry, folks: the minute the doctors understand that you really, really take birth control seriously they'll tell you that you are paranoid and you need to lighten up. As soon as they hear that you want to use two highly efficient birth control methods at the same time (like pill and IUD, or pill and sterilization) they tell you that you are crazy, paranoid and don't really need that much.

My answer has been: "I might be crazy and paranoid but you are a gynecologist and not a psychiatrist, so get on with it".

Luckily not all the gynecologists are like that - the one to whom I usually go isn't, or maybe he has gotten accustommed to me over the years. I really don't understand what the others' problem was.


No comments: