Tuesday, February 24, 2004

Beer and sex, or rather absence thereof

Didn't get any beer because Alko did not have anything I wanted, I had no time to go to another Alko and Alko does not carry what I really wanted anyway, which was a rather sweet honey beer. Had to satisfy myself with a bottle of Velkopopovicke Tmave that I found in the fridge.

But soon, very soon, Alko will at least lower its prices, in honor of which I am offering you the following bit of Russian folklore:

Товарищ, верь: взойдет она,
На водку прежняя цена,
И в вытрезвиловке на стенках
Напишут наши имена.

(It means roughly "Comrade, believe me: the old vodka price will arise again and they will write our names on the wall of the detoxication center", and it loses a lot in translation.)

Did not get any sex either due to my favorite sex partner having to work instead, but got a few not-so-good offers from other guys, which were all rejected. Which lead me to thinking:

Do Italian men ever get laid? If no, why not? If yes, why are they swarming IRC in such numbers asking for sex from foreign folks who have not yet developed an ability to teleport? Rarely a day passes when I don't hit upon by several Italian guys. Why do they want me? Why don't they hit on some Italian woman who at least in theory might happen to be in the same city?

I can understand trying to pick up people on IRC if they are on the same channel and in the same city, sure. But none of these Italian guys have ever been on the same channel with me. They know nothing about me except the nickname, the server and the address I log in from.


No comments: