Thursday, February 05, 2004

Vitutus

The title doesn't translate well into English.

Anyway, had to work in Järvenpää today, and tomorrow too. Big building with little heat, no food, no internet connection and a misbehaving forklift. Yeah, and have I ever mentioned how much I hate Lisp?

Järvenpää is a desolate place in the middle on nowhere north of Keha III. Trains go there twice an hour. There is a lot of trees and nature and other horrible things, and snow, except in summer. I heard there are buses, but I haven't seen them. They haven't invented sand yet, and therefore it's slippery as hell. An icy hell, of course. As a gentleman in the railway station has remarked, "vittu, mua vituttaa kun täällä on niin vitun liukasta".

I would write some comments about work, too, but then my boss would kill me.

On the way back I had to wait for a train for 25 minutes, and had a rare chance to listen to an anthropologically fascinating conversation of two gentlemen who apparently belonged to what some people call "cognitive lower class". They had just got out of a cell in a police station, and looked like that, too. I did not get to hear what they were in the cell for, but one of them was complaining about having spent 50 euro for 10 shots of kossu in a certain mildly disreputable drinking establishment the night before, and about not feeling very well this morning as the result of this. They were also discussing the advantages of hiding cigarettes in their socks when put into cell.

No comments: