Friday, February 20, 2004

Tasteless medical stuff

Wasn't a good week for me. Lisp by days and evenings and throwing up by nights and mornings. I hate having to throw up every time I cough hard enough. Cough medicine keeps this phenomenon under control during the day, but at night when I can't stuff myself with cough medicine all the time I just wake up from needing to throw up and have to gallop to the bathroom. Not fun. And it's been like that for 9 or 10 days, which is more than my flues usually last.

My breakfast this morning was impressive: 2 cough pills, 2 C-vitamin pills, 1 birth control pill and 1 ibuprofen+pseudoephedrine pill. Should've taken an iron pill too, but I have no idea where I've stuck them. Probably should get some new ones and eat them regularly like the doctor ordered. The whole bowlful of pills for breakfast reminded me on Priscilla, Queen of the Desert.

Couldn't even spend a proper evening in a pub with friends, had to leave at 11 due to being unable to breathe properly. And that was the smokefree part of the pub, mind you. Hope they'll ban smoking in restaurants altogether. They did in many places in the USA, they just did in Ireland, they are considering it in Sweden and sooner or later this trend will sweep all over the Western Europe and smoking in restaurants will become as much history as smoking on planes has become already.

Yes, smokers keep talking about free choice and free market with regard to smoking in restaurants. Yes, in principle they have a point. You'd be amazed at how profoundly I do not care.

No comments: