Thursday, February 19, 2004

Keyboard, Krav Maga and Praedor

A public service announcement: if you are using several different keyboard layouts, and especially if you are changing them globally with a click on some button, it's a good idea to check that the current layout is one that permits you to enter your password before you lock your screen. Seems obvious, but I just locked my screen this morning with Russian on.

Nothing much new in Krav Maga, except for threatening us with a law lecture. It is part of the course. Otherwise, still hitting shields and trying to get rid of stranglers. Also doing some perverse exercises.

Had a character creation session in our Praedor campaign yesterday. My character turned out fine though not quite like I planned from the beginning. I am glad she did not have to take a wound-healing skill, she is the kind of a person who is more into wound-making. She is a contract killer who tries very hard to be a cold and calculating killing machine but has way too many human weaknesses to be really good at that. She also has a mostly undeserved reputation as a sadist. She also aspires to manipulate men by sex and other means, and she is not bad at that, but she is better at cutting and shooting so I expect that every time she feels that manipulation is getting too hard she'll say "oh, bugger" and draw her sword.

I should probably try manipulating men by sex myself someday, it sounds like fun.

No comments: