Thursday, January 18, 2007

Another one out of context

Another sheikh, Feiz Mohammed, is pissing Australians off.

"We want to have children and offer them as soldiers defending Islam," he said on video. "Teach them this: there is nothing more beloved to me than wanting to die as a mujahid. Put in their soft, tender hearts the zeal of jihad and a love of martyrdom."

You'll never guess what he is saying now: he has been taken out of context.

I am so starting a t-shirt company now. The t-shirts will say "I am always taken out of context", "Everything I say is out of context", "I am out of context" and "Please put me back in context".

"The jihad I speak of is not one of violence," he said. "It is one of personal struggle against things like mischievousness, temptation and personal harm."

Sheesh, dude. This is so 2002. I thought nobody has called jihad a personal struggle since Bali bombings and that theater in Moscow. Your personal struggle is just so exposive...

No comments: