Monday, June 07, 2004

The weekend

Friday night spent a very nice and peaceful evening in Killeri's place. Made me feel a lot better. I had missed him when I was away.

Went shooting on Saturday. Considering that I hadn't been shooting for some months, didn't do badly at all, at least most of the bullets went into the black part of the target. Also my hands didn't get as sore as they usually do after loading 100 rounds of ammunition. Was great to be there, I had almost forgotten how much fun shooting is and how friendly and amusing the people there are.

Nowadays they even have an improvised breast protector (just a scarf, really) for women in the kind of blouses that allow hot shells to fall into their bras. The guys working there said that this happens fairly often, and I used to think that I was the only moron that made it happen. A couple of years ago a hot shell fell into my bra and I started screaming and jumping, keeping my gun on the target with one hand and trying to fish the shell out of the bra with the other. Instead of being gentlemen and helping me by reaching into my bra and getting the shell, the staff and the other customers were doubled over with laughter and just said "Put the gun down! Put the gun down!". But I fished the shell out before I realized that putting the gun down and using both hands for shell removal is a better strategy than doing it with one hand while aiming at the target with the other.

Sat in Ruttopuisto with some friends to celebrate the fact that Yoe is on vacation in Finland. Just as I thought that Yoe's hair color can't get any better she showed up with the world's prettiest somewhat-orangey-bright-red that could have made Leeloo from The Fifth Element cry, become green with envy and fire her hairdresser and go to Yoe's instead. Yoe had a lot of fascinating stories about Japan and about her green fluorescent mice.

The was a lost man from Savo with us, who came to Helsinki without a cell phone and couldn't find his friends' place. He borrowed someone's phone for a second and then decided to sit with us. He had clearly previously enjoyed some mind-altering substance and was therefore not making much sense. In fact he made so little sense that the situation started to seem slightly absurd, and Janka decided we were inside of some urban fantasy game. This feeling was enhanced by a group of very drunk teenagers who were doing funny tricks. Some of them were doing acrobatics, one guy was wrapped in toilet paper and was playing a mummy and one guy was continuously losing his pants, and, at a later point, underpants as well.

Sunday watched some Russian movies with Niksu and then went to see Troy.


No comments: