Friday, June 11, 2004

Discretion or lack thereof

There was a conversation on one of my friends' IRC channels today about mentioning people in blogs by name.

As everybody has probably noticed by now, I mention people I know and their doings by name. I use my own judgement as to what can be mentioned freely and what cannot, which for example means that if you tell me that you have just gotten a sexually transmitted disease from a well-known politician I won't mention it, and if you tell me that you have just found an interesting new flavor of ice cream in Fazer, I might.

If you don't like being mentioned here, either in general or on any specific occasions, or don't like being quoted, or consider some subject private that I might not automatically recognize as such, just tell me so.


No comments: