Thursday, June 24, 2004

Lovely Thursday morning

It's raining. And it's dark. And I can't find the bug.

Woke up at 6:30 and went to the aliens police office (that's the one that accepts residence permit applications from aliens, not the one where aliens work). This time I only had to sit there for 2 hours, and the woman who took my application was very nice. I still can't figure out why every time I go the the aliens police office the loudest people in the room sit next to me. Even if I sit down next to some quiet person after a while the quiet person disappears and a loud one takes his or her place.

In the railway station I saw one of the Helsinki-St.Petersburg trains and remembered how during the beginning of my life in Finland my parents warned me not to go anywhere near the place from where trains go to Russia. "But our department is near the railway station!" - "OK, but be careful." I was careful and did not wander into the train by accident. Didn't get kidnapped, either. Today I saw the train and gave it an evil glare, just in case.


No comments: