Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Life

Monday was the last day in the Northern wilderness, at least as far as this project is concerned and as long as there are no bugs that'd require a visit there.

Now everyone in the office is back from their summer vacations, but as soon as they came back to work the summer actually started. Too hot at home, and ice cream melts in the freezer a bit. My fridge has a shitty freezer; I'd like to buy myself a separate freezer, but really have nowhere to put it. Do they sell little freezers? Never seen one.

Killeri finally came to visit me Monday (hadn't managed to spend any time alone with him for a while because of the Ropecon). He applied the stress relief method that they probably didn't teach him in the Red Cross, and I immediately felt better. I would've made him mix me a drink or two, too, but I had only booze and nothing to mix it with, and figured that a cognac-rum-vodka mix wouldn't be good.

Skipped work yesterday due to an unexpected tooth problem that felt like a filling falling out. Went to get acquainted with the public dental care in Helsinki. The dentist took an X-ray, didn't see anything on it, didn't see anything in my mouth, either, said that maybe the filling is too high and lowering it might help, lowered it a bit and wished me a speedy recovery. Against all my expectations it actually did help. I wonder how come though: this filling had been there for many years and I assume it did not grow in the meanwhile. So why did it suddenly get so sore?

Saw the new Harry Potter yesterday with Heli. Was good, although it was clearly meant for people who have read the book.


No comments: