Tuesday, August 16, 2005

The weekend: movie, karjalanpiirakat and modem

On Friday I went to see the Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy. It was OK. Spent the rest of the evening home with Killeri.

On Saturday Janka invited some people to bake karjalanpiirakat. It was an awful lot of fun - maybe I should try that at home. And the piirakat turned out much better than the ones you buy in stores. Was almost dead from the lack of sleep, but had a very nice evening anyway.

On Sunday morning went to Reetta-Leena's place to help her install her modem. She called me and asked me to buy her some cigarettes on the way. I did, and was very surprised when I felt a rather strong urge to explain to the cashier that I was not buying them for myself. I suppressed the urge but she probably figured it out when I did not know that there is more than one kind of green L&M's.

Nothing came out of the modem intallation because she did not have an ethernet card.

In the evening booted my own computer at home and it did a weird thing: kdm would let me log in but then would throw me out, and when I tried virtual consoles it showed me six of them on the same screen in small unreadable letters. Booting helped; for a second there I considered installing Debian.

No comments: