Thursday, August 04, 2005

Little bits of absurdity

1. On Tuesday Anu and I had several glasses of wine at my place, and then I remembered that I had a frozen 3-kilo piece of meat. Operating dangerous tools while drunk being our proud tradition, we took out a saw and started sawing it.

My saw proved too small and unadequate for the task. Every time the sawing stopped or even slowed for a second the saw would get stuck like that. Sawing with a knife was not much easier. Finally the combination of knife and hammer brought us the long-awaited victory.

2. A coworker comes to work, puts his jacket on the coat rack, his sword in the corner and his Lidl bag on his sword.

3. Yesterday Killeri and I dragged one washing machine out and another one in. Absurd moments were many, but luckily nobody was around with a camera. Hope the neighbors did not get too traumatized.

No comments: