Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Wedding! Clothes! Panic! Panic!

Viljo and Jenni got married and had a wedding party in Gustus&Vera last night. After the regular panic of looking for clothes and locating my only pair of pantyhose I even managed to come there on time in spite of the fact that I fell off my shoes all the time.

Note to self: don't buy any shoes that have low but very narrow heels. You can't walk in them.

Viljo and Jenni looked great - Jenni had one of the best wedding dresses I'd ever seen - and had apparently gotten accustommed to people jumping around them and taking pictures. The party was good, and the cake was good, and there was a lot of people that I should see more often.

After the party I went home to change into real clothes before going to a bar with friends, and got a call from Oska saying that he needs me to proofread one document right-fucking-now. OK, he told me that before and I should have done it over the weekend, but when I opened it on Monday morning and realized that it was 113 pages instead of the usual 5-10 I figured it could wait. I was wrong.

Oska was pissing boiling water and saying that he needs the thing right away, I was struggling to open the fucking thing (a .doc, of course) in Abiword and OpenOffice, the thing was so fucked that it did not want to open properly in either and after I did get it open it turned out to contain all the texts of all the previous revisions inside the text.

Saving the thing as a .txt and a .html produced fucking monsters. In the end I got a semi-readable version. I would not describe the text here for fear that the author (who was not Oska but whose English was no better) might read this and also because I don't feel I know enough swear words. Struggled with it till 1:30, did half, called Oska and he told me to forget it and go to sleep, which I gladly did.

No comments: