Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Writing

Haven't written a lot lately, because am trying to write fiction for the first time, or at least it's the longest story I've ever written, and I am not done with it yet. It's a surprisingly intense experience that takes up an awful lot of my brainpower, or at least writing power. It's fun but difficult: my characters do not obey me for some reason and do whatever they want, I am never quite sure what is going to happen next, and I have no idea how to write characters who are more constructive, better with language, or have more empathy or more social skills than myself.

I'll post a link to it here after I am done, but don't promise it to be interesting - it's about 12 relatives who suddenly come to visit the unsuspecting protagonist. While my inspiration to write it surely comes from some personal trauma of family reunions, all the characters including the narrator are fictional, so if any of my real relatives are reading this, you don't need to kill me.


No comments: