Wednesday, November 10, 2004

The weekend

On Friday Killeri came over and we went to see Alien vs. Predator. Felt weird to see an Alien movie without Sigourney Weaver. The movie was OK but somehow too short, with normal-length beginning and end and short middle part.

On Saturday went to Killeri's relatives' party. Lots and lots of relatives. Most of them I remembered by face but not by name; or rather I remembered the faces and the names but was not sure I can match them to each other. On one hand big parties full of people whom I don't know well make me feel shy, but on the other hand Killeri's family's parties feel nice and peaceful like my own family's parties never are, precisely because I don't have any baggage associated with these people and don't have to tread on eggshells around any of them. Also, I believe, Killeri's relatives are more friendly than mine by nature, or at least were raised better. In fact my own parents pointed out to me that Killeri has had a much better upbringing than myself, as if it's my fault and not their own.

In the evening went to Meira's and Mikko's party. It was very nice in spite of having a suspicious acquaintance-to-stranger ratio. I did not feel like meeting any more new people that day, so spent the evening in the little room with people I know. Was great to see everybody, and it was nice to finally talk about the IRC channel split we had earlier (I was in Boston when it started then and missed most of the initial conversation, which is probably all for the better). I think the passions are finally calming down.

A few people got really good-looking new haircolor. Why not me?

Had a game session on Sunday. Would be better if I hadn't been so tired.

Spent some time with Sini on Monday. Would have liked to spend longer, but she had some stupid rush at work, so she went home early and I went to see Zatoichi. It was not boring in any way but somehow left me rather indifferent, maybe because the violence looked too fake, and maybe because I don't like Takeshi Kitano much as an actor.


No comments: