Monday, November 15, 2004

My first attempt at fiction

Finally finished the story I was writing. Or at least brought it to the condition in which I am not afraid to show it to particularly brave people.

Disclaimer 1: all the characters are purely fictional, are not intended to represent and do not in fact resemble any of my relatives, especially aunt Lyusya, or any other people I know. If they resemble any people I do not know, this is pure coincidence. The narrator, in spite of being an American woman living in Finland, is also purely fictional and is not intended to represent me or my opinions.

Disclaimer 2: the story features sex, a lot of violence, and extremely irresponsible use of drugs. Do not try any of that at home, except sex. It also occasionally makes light of serious topics, such as domestic violence, various kinds of mental disease and religion. It most likely insults homosexuals, heterosexuals, bisexuals, Jews, Christians, Moslems, Hindus and atheists by mentioning them in various ridiculous contexts. It also probably insults Buddhists and transgendered people by totally failing to mention them in any context whatsoever. Yeah, and the quality of writing is what you'd expect from a person writing fiction for the first time.

If in spite of all of the above you still want to read it, it's here. Constructive criticism is welcome.


No comments: