Thursday, July 29, 2004

Northern wilderness and work

The software mostly works ok, although there are some things still to work out with the communication with server, which I can luckily do from the office, and with the keys.

The teenage mutant singing employees have luckily disappeared.

Using a tiny laptop while perched on a fucklift is hazardous to your wrists.

Their net connection was fucked for most of the day, which meant that I couldn't upload the software from the laptop to my work machine. This is not a huge problem, but if the next time it does not work in the morning it means that I cannot download the needed stuff from the office to the laptop, which would suck big time.

On the way back I saw a few chanterelles, which were the first chanterelles I've seen on the ground for years. I almost tried to get them but then luckily noticed a ditch that was full of water and mostly covered with grass. Falling on my ass into the ditch with my employer's laptop and unbackupped day's work on it would not have been nice.


No comments: