Friday, July 09, 2004

Movies, Killeri, DVD, work and funny Russian guy

Went to see Ladykillers yesterday with Killeri. It was good, and funny in the way I like, and a lot funnier than I expected.

Spent the rest of the evening with Killeri. Killeri is good to have around. Smart and sweet and innocent (probably pretending anyway), and very cute, too. Hmm, am I repeating myself here.

At night I learned how to burn a DVD, and burned the first one, and it actually works! Took me 4 tries, but better luck next time. Gonna get lots of movies soon.

I have my doubts about the morality of copying movies without paying any money to their makers, but I reckon that if it's not in any store where I can buy it in person and if I can't buy it on the net by sending my credit card number to a reputable webstore located in a civilized country, then the makers probably don't want my money.

There is more work at work, and it involves going to a customer's place sometime soon. Thing is, the customer is in the middle of nowhere. Oh joy... Wonder if I can get a ride from somebody there just by batting my eyelashes at them...

A Russian guy named Dmitry from one web forum sent me an email and asked me out for a beer. I rarely want to meet almost-lurkers but he was quite funny so I did. Let's see what kind of a person he is.

The weird thing (and, again, an etiquette question): I told him I'd have a beer with him if he promises not to smoke in my presense, and he was a bit taken aback in a "why do you assume that I smoke?" way. I didn't really assume it, although it's common among Russians, but how do you communicate your avoidance of smoking company politely to the new acquaintance wannabes?


No comments: