Friday, July 30, 2004

Hero - director's cut

A 120-minute director's cut of Hero is now available for copying, and I am copying it for myself. Wonder where it came from, though. YesAsia has got a 108-minute director's cut, which I'll probably buy as well, but where can I get a 120-minute director's cut on DVD?

They have different editions on the 108-minute version, too, with different extras. For once I want to buy something with extras that are subtitled in some language that I can read. Chinese is not a language that I can read, although sometimes I think that it's easier to learn to read it than to find Chinese DVDs with properly subtitled extras.

My mplayer has balked at some vobsub subtitles lately. It looks like it does not like the subtitles files that contain Chinese subtitles. Does anyone know how to fix the problem?


No comments: