Sunday, February 27, 2005

The weekend that was too short

The weekend is almost over and I am already tired.

On Friday I was too tired to go anywhere but luckily Anu came over and we got properly drunk and I told her a lot of things I don't normally tell people. It felt very strange but good. (Those were things about my sex life, not about where I'd hidden Osama's body. And no, I am not going to repeat them here. Might ruin my reputation or something...)

Went to Ilana's party on Saturday. I was tired and did not really feel like it, but I hadn't seen Ilana in a million years so I decided to go. The party with a lot of scary strangers was maybe a bit too much for me last night, but it was great to see Ilana and Jarmo and their new house which is very beautiful in a funky way but located somewhere in the wilderness beyond Kehä III. There were some friends there, and the strangers did not turn out to be all that scary. There were even some Buffy fans among them.

This was, BTW, the first time ever I passed out already on the way to the party.

Today was planning to stay home and do nothing and not think about work. Not thinking about work did not quite work out because Kaius called me in the morning and was debugging the software that I did not manage to debug on Friday and wanted me to fix some things. I don't blame him, in fact I am quite grateful to him for debugging the damn thing, but I spent the rest of the day stressing about work to the point of being pretty much unable to concentrate on anything longer than a 22-minute 70s show episode. This sucked.

The only distraction for a day was the fire alarm that went off when I tried to grill some goat cheese, and I didn't even burn the stuff. It started screaming like all hell got loose, and my place is almost 4 meters high, so I had to bring the ladder from the kitchen and somehow climb up there to silence it, except that it did not want to get silenced and I had to take it down and the battery out, and now gotta put it back.

It's cold as hell and all my warm underwear has hidden itself somewhere. It seems to be around all the time except when I want to use it, when it magically disappears. I am sure as soon as it gets warm I see my long underpants lying in and enjoying the spring sun.

Where do I buy a Geiger counter in Finland and how much do they cost? I always wanted one.

No comments: