Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Blood pressure during an orgasm

For a long time already I have been wondering what an orgasm does to a person's blood pressure, and always wanted to find it out experimentally. The only problem is, it's hard to measure your blood pressure while having sex or masturbating, because there are other things then that distract you from the noble path of scientific inquiry.

This morning I finally tried. I have a blood pressure meter that works just by pressing a button and keeping your wrist somewhere below your heart. The problem is, it doesn't show how the pressure rises and falls, but just measures it at some particular moment. First of all, it's difficult to time the orgasm to that moment, and second, I am not really sure what the moment it.

I have probably measured it at the wrong moments, but I mostly got the same 120-something/70-something measurements that I get without masturbation. Only once did I get 124/93.

During one of the measurements I got a work-related phone call from one of the customers who was looking for Kaius but could not find his number. Masturbating furiously, measuring the blood pressure and answering work-related phone calls at the same time - now that's what I call multitasking. That's what I call calling at a very wrong time, too.


No comments: