Monday, April 11, 2005

The weekend

I was quite tired by Friday and just wanted to stay home and vegetate there in a coma, but Meira and Mikko had a party and I decided to drag my old bones there on general principle, because their parties are usually good and one shouldn't miss a good party if one is still capable of dragging oneself there. I rarely regret going to parties, and I did not regret this one either. There was a lot of strange people there but they were nice strange people and not scary strange people and I even talked with one of them and she was very nice and did not bite me.

On Saturday was guy's party, which was very good too. It was also full of strangers at first, but they were also nice strangers and not scary, and I talked with some of them. I wonder whether I am becoming sociable (even with strangers) in my old age. Quite a few friends were there too but most of them came later. Guy makes good sushi and painted his apartment in pretty colors. I think I am gonna plagiarize the colors when I get my own place, although there is no much point in it since I don't tend to notice any kind of decorations at home.

Made some chocolate drink there, and then had a fairly long talk about politics with Orava, which was very good even though we didn't agree much on anything, and helped clear some of my misconceptions. Should've probably done that ages ago, but I mostly just see him in irc and this is not as conductive to long political converstations as a good drink is.

Was still tired, had to leave on the last bus. Bugger. I am sure that by the next weekend when I am finally rested and full of energy nobody arranges any parties. Sniff.

On Sunday Killeri came over. Besides our usual activites we went to see Be Cool. It's a funny movie but it's full of the most atrocious music.

Cut my hair. It's funny how short hair feels after it's cut even though I only cut about 3 cm out of more-than-waistlength hair, and even though nobody ever notices when I cut it (not that I intend them to). I think that's what some people like about haircuts, but I find the feeling annoying. OTOH it does not get stuck in my jeans now, which is nice.

Finally saw most of Angel's season five. Two episodes to go.

No comments: