Sunday, April 17, 2005

Shock and awe

I finally did it. Went and dyed my hair yesterday. "Shock and awe" was the hairdressers' reaction.

I went to the same Hiusneito salon as the last time; the woman who did my color streaks the last time around wasn't there, but four other hairdressers were, and my appearance there impressed them almost as much as the appearance of Japanese planes impessed the US Pacific Fleet at Pearl Harbor.

Not being accustommed to being treated like a hair goddess and a chemical weapon at the same time, I was trying very hard not to laugh, or at least not to laugh too much. They all rushed to me and started touching my hair, telling each other "check that out", asking me how long it took to grow it out (does anyone have a coherent answer to that, ever?) and telling me that I am the hairiest customer they'd ever had, which surprised me once again - there is a lot of people with hair longer than mine, so I can only conclude that they don't go to Hiusneito to color it.

My statement that I want it all colored caused even more panic, and an unbelievable amount of towels was used to protect the floor and everything else around me, apparently not very successfully. Every once in a while somebody brought more paper towels. Took them more than half an hour and four bottles of Elumen to even spread the stuff on my hair, and I am afraid the poor hairdresser has very sore arms today. Hope there was no permanent damage to the floor.

All the panic nonwithstanding they did very well. I have strong yellow highlights (a 1:1 mix of KB and GK) on top and very dark purplish-blue (a 2:1 mix of BB and VV) on the underside. Gonna post some pictures as soon as manage to take them.

No comments: