Wednesday, May 05, 2004

Work, Tanja and London demonstration

Too much work, again. There is a demo today, and we've been fixing bugs like crazy.

Yesterday went out with Tanja (not the one I mentioned before, another Tanja). We were civilized and did not get drunk, had some Mexican food instead. Is it just me, or are Santa Fe beef fajitas slowly approaching their vegetarian fajitas in content?

Was nice to see her after such a long time. Then we went to my place and reminisced about transporting many kilos of soft sausage (lauantaimakkara-type) from Leningrad to Petrozavodsk by train. I did it once; she used to do it often when she lived in Petrozavodsk. It's not easy to transport 15-20 kilos of easily perishable sausage over a 10-12 hour train trip without any refrigerating possibilities, but we did it somehow. The sausage tended to assume a delicate green shade in the end of the trip, but people ate it anyway. Except that the people to whom my friend Gulya and I brought the sausage and some hot dogs needed instructions on how to eat them, having apparently long forgotten.

An AP photo of two guys at a demonstration in London.


No comments: