Sunday, May 09, 2004

Weekend

Had a little picnic and a nice bar night on Friday to celebrate Viljo's birthday. It was great, and besides the usual suspects there were people that I like but don't see very often. Hilpea hauki has a nice cabinet and a good selection of beer. And Chuan taught me to write old-style Chinese numbers, of whose existence I had been blissfully unaware till Friday.

Saturday there was a diskurssi party where I talked about life in the Soviet Union in the 70s and 80s. It was fun, but people brought an awful lot of food, and now I am the proud owner of the world's biggest collection of cheeses. WTF am I gonna do with them?

The fridge is way too full and the freezer is leaking. Fucking great. Should really catch the landlord and tell him about it, but he is not easy to catch.

Today just went for a walk, walked to Hietalahdentori in a vain hope to buy a fan, went to the Russian store, discovered they finally got Russian ice cream from Germany, bought two (they are fairly small), ate them, discovered that two is too much for a somewhat lactose-intolerant person, lectured the saleswoman on the ways of dealing with hairdressers (not my fault: she started first!) and just went walking around Helsinki. Ran into some Europe-event on Esplanadi featuring all new countries of the EU, the EU candidates (Bulgaria, Romania and Turkey) and for some reason all the Finnish political parties. Check out all the country tents (they were giving out maps and brochures) and added quite a bit to my map collection.

Should be cleaning my place, really, but instead am blogging, reading, watching movies and trying to dye my hair blue.

No comments: