Thursday, May 13, 2004

Still cold, but getting better

They are promising 11 degrees Celsius for Monday - is that progress or what? France and Germany and Austria are also getting warmer and sunnier.

Dragged my ass to Krav Maga last night and this morning. Now the ass hurts.Yesterday we (or rather they) were practicing a thing I couldn't do since I have not mastered falling to the front and rolling over my head, and then some kicks. Today there were some hand and arm lock techniques and a lot of ways of hurting people without injuring them, just to control them and to drag them around. Also kicked each other (through the shields, of course) several hundred times.

Tried to read Garantua in the subway and found out that 16-century French is way too hard to be read in the morning in the subway. Or maybe it's just Rabelais. I remember that Villon did not use to be that hard even though he wrote earlier than Rabelais, or maybe I was younger and more energetic and more snobby when I used to read Villon. I probably should reread him just to compare.

Need to buy a fan before it's warm again. Also capri pants that have pockets.

I had complained to Alko about Pol Remy Brut bottles that turn into spontaneous sparkling wine showers. They promised to send me a book as a consolation prize. It better be a good one. They also asked me to bring what remains in the bottle if I ever run across another one like that. They seemed to be very surprised that it was Pol Remy Brut - they said they found this problem with demi-sec but not with brut.

No comments: