Saturday, May 01, 2004

Vappu

Places went to: 3 (not counting work in the morning)
Friends and other nice people seen: a lot
Meat products eaten: at least half a kilo
Drinks: 6 (very few due to a faulty batch of Pol Remy Brut that escaped from the bottle as soon as it was opened)
Of these, sparkling wine: 4
Drinks other people spilled on my jeans: 4
Weird thing tasted: dried jackfruit
Grills: 2
Allergy pills: 1

Went to Gniko's, then to my place, then to Talo in the evening. The party was great, especially since, unlike usually, there were no candles. Lots of people that I haven't seen in a while, some totally new people that were also very nice, etc. Guy was there and as always I felt like trying to force him to speak Finnish, but figured that angering a drunk swordsman is not a bright idea from a survival point of view. Viljo impressed me with the most, well, impressive piece of jewelry I'd ever seen in my life, and in some other ways, too (the hero of the Russian poem Luka Mudishchev came to mind). There was a little bowl of weird thingies as a conversation piece (everyone was asking what it is, suspiciouly trying a tiny little bit and going away without figuring out what it was), but finally I think we ate it all and it turned out to be dried jackfruit. Janka and Orava had beautiful new haircolor and I was a bit envious. Dior looked at everybody with a bit of disapproval, I don't know why.

I'd been very short on sleep lately, and was very tired by 1am, which is a shame because I really wanted to stay.

The batch of Pol Remy Brut which Lasu and I bought turned out to be defective: even after a week in the fridge it sprayed half of the content of the bottle on the floor. Gotta complain to Alko.

No comments: