Tuesday, May 11, 2004

No rest for the wicked

Woke up early to go to Krav Maga. As soon as I sat down on the bathroom's only seat a customer called. He was in a state of general panic and needed me right now. Managed to call twice this morning, and both times when I was in the john. And it's not like I live in there. Anyway, I figured that the guy is in such a hurry that maybe I should miss the morning Krav Maga lesson and go to work right then and to Krav Maga in the evening. Yeah, right. This was a lovely 11-hour workday with no lunch break, and by the time I got out of there Krav Maga was long over, and I was probably in no condition for it, either. Which is too bad: I really need to punch somebody now, and all the volunteers have gone home. Tried to punch the wall at work, but it shook so hard that I was afraid I'd break it.

Had to give a new Lisp interpreter to the customer, and then to fix the software to fit the interpreter, and then to fix all other things that the customer suddenly decided needed fixing. All of this while answering phome calls, SMSs and emails from that customer, the boss and another customer, and in turn bothering Lasu all the time.

Worse, I was planning to clean my place tonight, and now I am in no condition for that either. Feel like calling in dead tomorrow, but won't do that unless really dead, in which case won't do it either since dead people can't use the phone or even email. I think a nice cup of hot chocolate with rum would revive me tonight, but I doubt it will put me in a proper frame of mind for cleaning.

Have I mentioned I need a vacation?


No comments: