Monday, May 03, 2004

Bits of Vappu weekend

Saw Sampo in Talo. I rarely see him in person, and every time I see him it always surprises me how much he looks like a barbarian hero, or at least like my idea of what a barbarian hero should look like. Except, of course, that he does not run around in a loincloth and with a battle-axe, at least not in my presence, and is obviously not really a barbarian hero, but a biologist.

As soon as I came home in Saturday evening, determined to clean my place, do lots of work, learn Cantonese, grill asparagus, lower the taxes, protect environment and establish world peace, the sinful IRC channel informed me that there was a party in Nelonen, and off I went. Was a good party, too, even though they managed to drink up all Bailey's before I arrived. Should've brought them some sparkling wine, but at the moment it was inconceivable to me that somebody might want to drink the stuff.

On Sunday I actually arose from the dead and did some cleaning. Had to, on account of being unable to find any summer clothes under the winter clothes. Did some cataloguing, too. Now most of the winter clothes are safely packed away, and I turned out to be a proud owner of 26 tank tops. I went out and tried to find a pair of shorts or capri pants that would fit me, stay up on me as opposed to falling down, would have the hoops to put a belt through (I don't remember what they are in any language) in case they fail to stay up on me after all, would have a sufficiently high waist for me not to feel wind in my asscrack, and would have pockets. In fact most of these requirements are not hard to fill, but apparently the anti-pocket conspiracy has stricken again.


No comments: