Monday, April 05, 2004

Trakh-tararakh

That was the sound of a huge piece of ice hitting three sauce bottles.

I think my ongoing attempt to become a Better Person (tm) has brought at least some results. Right now I am satisfied with defrosting the fridge and performing unnatural acts on various software; did not even install SuSE 9.0 as threatened. Last time I had a severe attack of feelings, 11 years ago, I needed human victims. I found willing victims in the management of a certain supermarket; they did not know they were willing, but the fact that they had my pictures developed one day late and did not give them to me for free like they were supposed to when pictures are late made them willing enough in my eyes.

Was fun, really: I called the main office of the chain, and then relaxed at home waiting for apologies. First the New England area manager called to apologize, then the Massachusetts area manager, then the Boston Metro West area manager and then the store manager who had refused to give me the pictures. And then I was mean to him.

See? Progress!

Maybe I'll write evil stories sometime. About FirstUSA bank who closed my credit card because my new address did not match my old address (they have a problem with the concept of people moving, or the concepts of "old address" and "new address"), and about the cellular service provider Voicestream (may it rest in peace) whose customer service's favorite answer to all the questions was "hello? hello? I can't hear you!".

No comments: