Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Russians and other party animals

Just went to a bar with a group of scary Russians from one web forum. They turned out not to be all that scary, but quite nice, and none of them even tried to smoke, which was amazing. We went to Kaisla, which I usually avoid since their non-smoking area tends to be full of smoke, but today it wasn't. I looked around and was startled to see vaguely familiar faces, which I mostly could not connect with names, at every table around us. It took me several minutes to realize that there was a Go board and a game in progress on every table. This probably explains the fairly clean air.

Just realized that I have scheduled some kind of evening activities with people for every day up to and including next Wednesday, and am about to schedule Thursday too. This is a bit tiring but pleasant. What I am wondering about, however: when did the surly teenager who used to gladly spend weeks without talking to anyone at all become a party girl?


No comments: