Thursday, April 22, 2004

Kill Bill (maybe little spoilers)

Went to see Kill Bill 1 and 2 yesterday with Leena. Now feel like jumping and waving my arms in the manner of a helicopter. Liked it very much, especially when watching two in a row.

The second half is different from the first in resembling Italian westerns more than Asian martial art movies. Since I have seen a lot fewer Italian westerns than Asian martial art movies I mostly could not quite figure out what they were paying homage to, but I came out of there with a desire to see some more Italian westerns (have I ever seen any westerns that weren't Italian?).

They recycled some actors from part 1 to play other parts in part 2, which was confusing for a few seconds, but it did not take long to figure out that they were just recycling actors and not trying to say that the characters were really the same.

Gonna watch it (part 2) again next week.


No comments: