Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Love hurts

Panic again. No, nothing new happened in the last few days, I am just being jittery.

In more detail:
On Sunday Killeri has presented to me what IMO is a legitimate grievance on the matter of personal space/time. He also said that the problem is fairly severe and has existed for a while now. We discussed it and decided to work on it.

Since then I have been alternatively hopeful and scared. Hopeful, of course, about the fact that we found the problem and that it can most likely be fixed. Also about the fact that after this demonstration of good use of communication Killeri will possibly mention the problems more often, although I am not sure how likely is that.

The panic is mostly on the matter of "what else is he not telling me". Although the possibility (not very high, IMO) that we might not work the current problem out is also scary in itself.
Things to fret about:
Does he really want to work it out or is it a gentle attempt to start winding it up?
Is this indeed the problem, or is this just a problem, a tip of the iceberg?
Has he been silent about this for such a long time that it has caused some trauma and/or resentment?
How do I get him to tell about problems? How do I know if there are problems? Even when everything seems fine, can I ever trust that everything is fine?
The communication problem seems to be his - but how much of it is really mine?

Killeri is the kind of person who can sometimes easily stand up to people, say "no", talk about problems, etc. , and sometimes cannot. I have so far failed to find any pattern in when he can and when he cannot.

In a addition to the above I have a lot of silly thoughts in my mind right now, from almost-cocky "damn, I am not being appreciated!" to my father's standard lecture about "goyish men can't usually stand up to Jewish women, so if you go out with goyim please be gentle to them and not like you usually are" and the associated guilt about having apparently not been sufficiently gentle (yeah, I know that my father is a silly bugger every once in a while, and god knows I have scared enough Jewish men as well when I lived in places where they were in plentiful supply).

It does not help that both Killeri and I have even less of a mind-reading skill than an average person. Hell, we probably don't have the mind-reading skill of an average person even if we put our skills together.

Wish me luck, people. I feel like I need it.


No comments: