Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Eclairs, xine, and antisemites

Had several people over last night, and we made eclairs, or rather Krabak made eclairs and I was standing by and ordering him around. In spite of a lot of preemptive whining of the "I'll definitely fuck up" kind he managed to make perfectly good eclairs. Cooking is fun and instructing other people to cook is even more so. I liked it.

My DVD drive started finally working perfectly well. Turned out the version of xine that comes with SuSE 8.2 is somehow fucked up, I installed a newer version and it works like a charm. Now gotta figure out how to make the damn thing region-free, or whether I even need to.

Turned out that the three Arabs in Budapest did not want to blow up the Israeli president at all, but the Jewish museum. The news sources are of different opinion as to whether they meant the old Budapest Jewish museum that's located in an old synagogue, or the new Holocaust museum.

CNN reports that the terrorists who blew themselves up in Spain were planning to attack the Jewish cemetery.I understand that people get pissed off if their late greatgrandparents get blown up, but is live suicide bombers vs. dead Jews really such a bad deal? I mean, if an appropriately big Jewish cemetery can invite a few thousand suicide bombers to blow themselves up there, wouldn't it be all for the better?


No comments: