Monday, July 04, 2005

Stockholm

Went to Stockholm for the weekend. It was really beautiful there, and a wonderful summer day.

Played Code/X on the way there and back. It was a lot of fun even though we somehow managed to get 2 characters out of 4 heroically killed. I finally made myself a disgruntled evil henchwoman character that I was planning to make for a long time, and did not even get her killed.

The abnormally high work morale of evil henchpeople in the movies has always bothered me. I mean, usually the Big Bad Guy mistreats the henchmen in every way, and the hero keeps doing very nasty things to them too, but still they pursue him/her relentlessly, instead of saying "bugger it, we are not paid enough for this, let's go have some beers and then write a report on how the hero got away", like normal people would.

In Stockholm the guys went to a museum, but Laura and I decided that the day was too beautiful for that, and we just hanged out. I whined about there being no coffee milkshakes anywhere in Scandinavia and no Ben&Jerry's anywhere in Europe, and then we ran into a cafe that sold coffee milkshakes (rather small but worth every one of the 46 kronas) and at least three places that sold Ben&Jerry's.

(Maybe it's magic and every time I say something does not exist it mysteriously apprears? Let's try it: There is no coffee milkshakes in Finland, or Ben&Jerry's! There is no decent Chinese food in Finland! There is no money in my pocket! There are no cute naked guys under my desk!")

Spent lots of money on booze. Probably should think that will save it on Alko purchases.

Sci-fi Bokhandeln somehow managed to sell me a book and a DVD even though I decided I am not buying anything.

Ate in Food Garden on the way there and the way back. Their appetizer and dessert buffets are great, but if you like your steak rare this is not a place for you.

From the conversation with the waiter:
Me: There are two water bottles on the bill, I had three, where is the third?
Waiter: Probably on somebody else's bill.

Took a lot of pictures, will post them sometime.

No comments: