Thursday, July 14, 2005

Grandma

Called grandma yesterday, and again she explained to me the right way to live. Nowadays I don't even get to talk back much because the grandma is rather deaf.

Her favorite question number one: "How do you eat? At home or in a cafeteria?". She has been asking that even since I moved away from home, and every time she has receive the answer "at home", after which she has always expressed a positive surprise at the fact that I know how to cook.

Her other favorite question is "why are you not sleeping yet?". I usually call her late in the evening or at night, and she could have gotten accustommed by now that I am usually not sleeping at that hour.

She always asks people the same things, and never seems to remember the answer. And she has always been the same way.

Oh well. At least she does not tell stories about how everything was better in the old times, and at the same time how everything was difficult and the young generation has it easy. Although, judging from her stories, everything indeed was difficult.

She remembers how her village got the first radio receiver when she was 10. Nowadays she likes to surf the Net (although she does not have a computer of her own) and even has some vague idea about how TCP/IP works. makes me sort of wonder what kinds of things I would have seen by the time I am 90.

No comments: