Tuesday, July 12, 2005

The man of convictions

Mohammed Bouyeri, who is on trial for murdering filmmaker Theo Van Gogh, is finally talking.

"I take complete responsibility for my actions. I acted purely in the name of my religion."

"I can assure you that one day, should I be set free, I would do exactly the same, exactly the same."

These are the words to remember, especially at a parole hearing - if there ever is one.

He had some words for the mother of the victim, too:

"I have to admit I do not feel for you, I do not feel your pain, I cannot - I don't know what it is like to lose a child," he said.

"I cannot feel for you... because I believe you are a nonbeliever."

"I acted out of conviction, not because I hated your son."


The man of convictions is likely to get convicted to a life in prison.

No comments: