Tuesday, February 28, 2006

The weekend

The weekend was good: watched Brokeback Mountain and drank hot chocolate with rum with Tiina on Friday, watched Kingdom of Heaven and ate steak with Ville on Saturday and drank to Finnish hockey team's silver medal with Anu on Sunday.

Thought 1: If we replaced Karpela with Tiina, it would be a great improvement. At least Tiina knows a lot about culture and tends to think about what she is doing.

Thought 2: Would it be unfair to write unflattering things about my parents in my blog? I don't think anyone who knows them back home reads this, but it would be very easy for any of theis friends to find this.

Thought 3: My parents, and especially my father, are fairly hostile to any irrationality in other people, especially me. Since there is a fair number of irrational habits and desires in any human being, what this amounts to is an explicit or implied belief that being different from him is a sign of insanity. I know I have internalized quite a bit of this, and it would be nice to know if I do the same thing often to other people. Do I?

No comments: