Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Life: sleepy but in a good mood

Been sleepy lately but still mostly unable to sleep properly. Either I fall asleep at 3-4 in the morning, and wake up about 9, or I somehow manage to fall asleep around 1 but then wake up at 7. Usually 6 hours of sleep is quite OK for me as long as I get 8 or 9 hours, say, one night out of four, but that hasn't happened for a long, long time.

Two of my roleplaying campaigns are waking up, which is nice. We have a scary outside snow shoe day at work next week, which is suspicious to say the least (I don't like nature and snow and bunnies). The weather is tolerable but it's very slippery outside.

Triply-buggered Instrumentarium sent me the wrong contact lenses and I can't see a shit in them. They better exchange them soon.

I want some green tea ice cream, and for that I need powdered green tea. Gonna try the Japanese store, but if any of you know any other place that has it, do tell.

Went to a small but nice party on Saturday. The party featured, among other things, a place so close to the Computer Science department that it was scary, an ice cream cake that looked like a kinuski cake, and VPK's new girlfriend (very nice). Jaakko made fun of me for drinking out of a cup that turned out to be some kind of a milk or cream vessel.

Rewatching Buffy is going very well. Rereading Max Frisch's plays, OTOH, is going quite badly, not because I don't like them anymore but because I remember them pretty much by heart. I have just read them too many times in my life, and this is too bad. They are good plays, I recommend them. Especially Biedermann and the Firebugs (Biedermann und die Brandstifter) is a good thing to read right now.

No comments: