Thursday, January 19, 2006

The most absurd party ever...

...was about 10 years ago, and you had to see it to believe it.

It was a party in A.'s place, which was a really strange apartment in Cambridge. It was very high and narrow: had three floors, plus a little room with a jacuzzi on the roof, and the use of half of the roof as a balcony/terrace. It's not something I'd buy for myself, but it was a really cool place. This layout is fairly common for townhouses but I have never seen another apartment spanning so many floors of an apatment building.

At some point people started to take their clothes off and jump into the jacuzzi. The jacuzzi turned out to be fairly big, and a dozen of us fit in there.

Some girl I'd never seen before started to come on to me sexually. I have no active sexual interest in women but can be fairly responsive to women's overtures when I am feeling horny, and I was. We had a pretty good time, occasionally interrupted by K., the guy who was going to give me and my friend T. a ride home, who dragged me out of the jacuzzi every once in a while, saying that we have to get home right now. I swore and got out of the jacuzzi, but my getting out never resulted in our going home, so I climbed back in.

The event that made that party unforgettable started when S., A.'s girlfriend, decided to add some bubble bath to the jacuzzi. It was one of those bubble baths that tell you to put a corkful in your bath, and she poured the whole bottle. The huge amounts of foam started rising from the jacuzzi and filling the room, and everybody jumped out of there. All the guests, naked and otherwise, were mobilized to take buckets, bowls, saucepans, paper plates and other vessels that could concievably hold the foam and throw the foam down from the roof. We did the job, too, even though it took about thirty people and about half an hour.

Large pieces of bubble bath foam were flying over Cambridge in the summer night like gigantic showflakes...

No comments: