Sunday, June 19, 2005

The weekend

On Friday Killeri came over, and apart from entertaining me in the usual ways also figured out that he can tickle my wrists. After this amazing discovery we went to Ville's place, grilled something and watched Battle of Britain, which turned out to be an intersting movie in spite of not having any characters one could remember for more than a minute.

On Saturday there was Satu's and Ola's housewarming party, which had to be held through skype on account of Satu and Ola and their house being in Brisbane. One disadvantage of a skype party over a regular one is that one does not have a third hand to hold the glass while typing. Besides, during a voice connection I tend to hear my own microphone. Other skypers do not seem to be similarly afflicted. I am sure my sound settings are fucked somehow, but they have a million switches none of which I understand, and I still haven't gotten around to reading the fine manual. Maybe should do it next weekend.

Somehow we all (the Helsinki part of the party) ended up at Juha's place, and had a pretty good time there. The Brisbane part passed out but then woke up in their morning. Juha had an undescribably vile drink - in fact he had several different ones, but one of them not only smelled but looked scary. In the morning I wished to think that the drink was my private nightmare, but then I found photo evidence. The vile liquid was called Pipra, and had a wormlike chili swimming in it. I stayed with beer and wine.

Was tired and walked back home. Ran into a foreign (my guess would be Mosambique) guy who asked me whether I had a boyfriend. When I answered in the affirmative, he asked whether I could take him home anyway. I told him he was not Killeri's type and left, laughing. I decide to share this absurdity with Anu, who was still at the party. Anu was immediately concerned and asked me whether I have beaten him up, even though I don't usually beat people up without first making sure that they have all their protective gear in place. I attributed Anu's reaction to Pipra and Juha's other fearsome drinks and went on. On the way I ran into Irrette, which was nice, and then into another guy who asked me to bed. The amazing thing about that was that the guy was cute enough to have rated a fuck if I were single, even though not quite cute enough to take as a second lover. The reason it was amazing is that usually fuckable men never look for women in the streets, not even at 3 am. Maybe should have had sex with him just for the novelty value, but was too tired. Besides, in my old age fucking people without googling them first would probably feel strange. Oh well...

No comments: